If you are a parent or production company seeking a CA Entertainment Work Permit for a minor or a Permit to Employ Minors, see below for the proper procedure. 

Are you a Production Company Needing a Permit to Employ Minors?

Complete & submit Application to Employ Minors form above with a copy of your worker’s compensation insurance and email to: email Labor Commissioner DLSE :

                                                     Do you Need a Minor's Entertainment Work Permit TODAY?


This one-time temporary permit is valid for 10 days only, which is issued immediately following completion of the on-line application and payment of a $50 fee for minors from one month to 15 years old without the birth certificate or school approval normally required for a regular 6 Month Entertainment Work Permit. This permit is only available for minors for whom an Entertainment Work Permit has not previously been issued (California Labor Code §1308.5). This must be a NEW permit. You will need to create an account with an accessible email address and credit card, wait for a confirmation email, then go back into the site and re-enter the account password and complete the application process (this takes approx. :30 minutes.) Cost is $50payable by credit card only. Please have the minor's personal info readily available as the system will time-out.   

**NOT VALID FOR 16-& 17-YR-OLDS  (see right side for obtaining a standard permit >>>).

*** NOTE: Online applications & renewals take 3 or more days to process. To apply for or renew an Entertainment Work Permit online you must have or create an online account and upload the application or renewal form to the DLSE website. You will be notified by email in 3 or more days when the permit has been approved. It is not a same-day approval.

Print out application above and complete all sections, obtain parent signature where indicated.

SCHOOL RECORD: This section must be completed, signed, and stamped by a school official. (For non-school age children: Bring ONE of the following: birth certificate, passport, Baptismal Certificate, or Letter from Hospital of Birth.)  When school is NOT in session, follow the steps above and include a current, ORIGINAL school report in lieu of the "School Record" section. Leave this section blank.

INFANTS UNDER ONE MONTH OLD only: Complete Health Record section and provide doctor's authorization signature.

FOR OUT OF STATE MINORS, either the minor's most recent report card or a letter from the school principal on school letterhead indicating that the minor is "satisfactory" in all academic subjects, health and attendance is required.

Bring completed application form to:
Van Nuys - Entertainment Work Permits
6150 Van Nuys Blvd., Rm 100
Van Nuys, CA 91401
(818) 901-5484 or (818) 901-5315

Walk In Service Hours:
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. - Monday and Friday
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

OR MAIL to any DLSE Office .

NOTE: DLSE Offices will only process original application; faxed, emailed, or copied applications will NOT BE ACCEPTED. Social Security number is not required.